|Rajesh Joshi Memorial Bursary
- The British Society for the History of Pharmacy & The Health
Education Foundation offer a one-off Bursary of £500 to a student at, or
associated with, a School of Pharmacy or other higher educational
- The winner of the Bursary undertakes to research the history of the
National Pharmacy Association (NPA) since 1997.
- The winner of the Bursary will give a 20 minute presentation at the
Annual Spring Conference of the British Society for the History of
Pharmacy. The Conference in 2016 will be held between 1st and 3rd April
in Reading, Berkshire. Due to the unique nature of the project, a
presentation at the 2017 Conference due to be held in London would be
- A portion of the Bursary, £250, is used as a contribution towards
the conference fee, and is paid directly to the Conference organiser.
The remainder can be used as chosen by the Bursary winner, and will be
paid to the successful applicant before the conference.
- It is likely that the winner of the Bursary will need to undertake a
period of research at the NPA headquarters in St Albans. Additional
travel expenses may be provided by NPA to reimburse the researcher.
- An intending applicant for the Bursary should apply to the Secretary
of the British Society for the History of Pharmacy for an application
form which asks for details of the applicant, together with a brief
description of the topic on which the presentation is to be made.
- An application form must be returned by 30th November 2015 to the
- The successful applicant will be informed by 31st December 2015.
Please click here to download the Application Form
Hon Secretary BSHP
Mr Peter Homan
3 The Ridings
Epsom Surrey KT18 5JQ
Phone: 01372 723001